Property Tax Review and Management
- We monitor values and changes in properties for clients every year and keep clients up-to-date on the fairness of assessed values.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to manage commercial real estate portfolios.
- We also have access to exceptional market data sources, including Redicomps – an appraisal sale database available to appraisers.
- In addition to monitoring values of our clients’ properties, we review the potential for a successful appeal every year and provide recommendations on whether to appeal the valuation of a particular property.
- We work with developers to ensure that values are set correctly from the beginning of the project all the way until the project is stabilized.
Property Tax Appeals
- On-time filing in any jurisdiction in Minnesota.
- Gather required information, and prepare and file all statutory disclosures required each year.
- Negotiate reductions in assessed value for all years under appeal and future years if possible.
- Litigate assessed values and other valuation issues if necessary.
Costs and Timing
- Property Review: Free. We do not charge to review the prospects for appeal.
- Attorneys Fees: Property tax appeals are typically handled on a contingency basis, so clients and owners are not responsible for legal fees unless we achieve a reduction.
- Filing Fees: The filing fees for property tax appeals are between $350 and $450 per year on each property.
- Timing: Generally it takes two to three years to fully complete an appeal.
- Appeal Deadline: The deadline to file property tax appeals is April 30 in the year taxes become payable.